- 2 cups cooked mashed eggplant
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup (4 oz.) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (heaping) flour
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Dash of red pepper sauce oil
Combine all ingredients except oil.
Heat 1/2 in. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Drop mixture by tablespoons into oil and fry until golden brown, turning once.
Drain on paper towels.
Fritters can be frozen after frying and reheated at 350 for 10 minutes.
Makes 6 to 8 appetizer servings